by Elisa Pecorari
Brownie and Chocolate lovers, this recipe is for you! It's a tried and true classic that never disappoints. Keep reading to reveal our Classic Brownies recipe here below and don't forget to get your baking supplies on our bakeware page.
SERVINGS 8 servings PREP TIME 20 mins COOK TIME 20 mins TOTAL TIME 40 min
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 Cups Dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Baking powder
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Grease a square pan. Line the pan with parchment paper and grease it as well.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 1 cup chocolate chips and butter. Microwave for about 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until the chocolate is melted completely.
- Add the sugar and eggs to the melted chocolate and whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder. Whisk until everything is well incorporated and you don't see any lumps.
- Fold in the rest of the chocolate chips into the brownie batter.
- Pour the mixture over the parchment paper in the baking pan and bake for about 20 - 25 minutes. To check the doneness, insert a toothpick in the middle of the mix. If it comes out clean, you are good to go.
- Place the brownie base on a cooling rack until it reaches room temperature.
Gluten-Free & Plant-Based Options
Notes: For Gluten-Free brownies use the blend below instead of the all-purpose flour. Mix the ingredients before you add them to the brownie mix. Also, make sure to use Gluten-Free Oreo Cookies.
- 1 ⅓ Cup Chickpea Flour
- ¾ Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Potato Starch
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum