Vanilla Cupcakes with Rose Petal Buttercream Icing
by Elisa Pecorari
Step up your game and show your loved one how much you appreciate them! Instead of the regular breakfast in bed or store-bought gift, surprise them with -- the most beautiful flower Vanilla Cupcakes with Rose Petal Buttercream Icing.
Here's our handmade Rose Petal Cupcake for some baking inspiration, check out what is needed...
Bakeware & Tools:
• Measuring Cups with scraper
• 6 Muffin Pan
• Reusable Piping Bag and Tip
• Silicone Whisk and Spatula
• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (150g)
• 1 tbsp Corn Starch (10g)
• 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
• 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
• 1/8 tsp Salt
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar (140g)
1/4 cup Canola Oil (60ml)
• 1 tsp salt
• 3/4 cup + 1tbsp Milk (200 ml)
• 1/2 tsp White Vinegar
• 1 tbsp Plain Yogurt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
Rose Bu7ercream Icing:
• 1 cup unsalted butter, soft (220g)
• 1/2 cup Powdered sugar (250g)
• 2 tbsp Whipping Cream (30ml)
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1/8 tsp Salt
• Pink Food Color
1. For Vanilla Cupcake: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In another bowl, combine milk, white vinegar, and plain yogurt. Add in the granulated sugar, canola oil and vanilla
and mix. Sift the dry ingredients gradually, into the milk, until fully mixed together.
2. Bake the cupcakes. Line muffin tray with cupcake liners. Fill the liners 2⁄3 full of batter. Bake for 14-15 minutes in a
preheated 350 F oven. Let cool.
3. For buttercream icing: Beat the butter using an electric mixer. Add vanilla and mix until light and fluffy. Then, add in
powdered sugar gradually, mixing on medium speed. Add whipping cream and food coloring and continue to mix
until light and fluffy. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth until you are ready to use.
4. Frost rose petals on the cupcakes.
How to frost a rose petal cupcake
1. Secure the 2D piping tip onto a piping bag and fill the bag with icing.
2. In the middle of the cupcake, pipe a small amount of icing.
3. Without lifting your piping bag, slowly work your way around, counter-clockwise, until you reach the outer edge of
the cupcake. Make sure you use a lot of pressure to get the icing out consistently.
4. Repeat with all the cupcakes.
- Art Icing,
- Baking at home,
- Baking inspiration,
- Cupcake Art,
- Decorating Cupcakes,
- Flower Cupcakes,
- Flowers on cupcakes,
- How to decorate,
- Mothers Day,
- Recipe to make for Mom,
- Rose Cupcake,
- Rose Petals,
- Valentines Day,
- Vanilla Cupcakes,
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Rose Petals,
- Wedding Baking Ideas