Scallions & Cheddar Scones
by Elisa Pecorari
There's nothing like a fresh, warm scone. Especially when it's packed full of savory flavors like cheddar and scallions. This recipe for Scallions and Cheddar Scones is perfect as a snack or breakfast food. Best of all, it's easy to make and only takes about 30 minutes to bake from start to finish. So if you're in need of breakfast or snack ideas this season, here's where to start!
(SERVINGS 8 scones PREP TIME 30 mins COOK TIME 30 mins TOTAL TIME 1 hr)
- Mixing bowls
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- 2 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Salted Butter cold and cubed
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tsp Hot sauce optional
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the butter and using your hands, mix it with the flour until it resembles cornmeal.
- In a second mixing bowl combine the eggs, cream, Dijon mustard, and hot sauce (if using). Whisk well until frothy and well combined.
- Pour the egg mix on top of the flour. Stir just to combine. Flip it on parchment paper and press until a rectangular is formed. About 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into triangles or circles and bake for about 20 -25 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately.