Strawberry Filled Cupcakes
by Elisa Pecorari
Looking for a fun and easy recipe to celebrate strawberry season? Look no further than these delicious strawberry cupcakes! Filled with fresh strawberries and topped with a creamy frosting, they’re sure to be a hit at your next party. Plus, they’re so easy to make that even beginners can make them flawlessly.
What you'll need:
(SERVINGS 8 servings PREP TIME 20 mins COOK TIME 20 mins TOTAL TIME 40 min)
- Baker’s Secret Reusable Piping Bag and Tips
- Mixing bowls
- 2-1 Scraper and Spatula 10”
- Muffin Pan
- 3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter room temperature
- 1 1/3 Cups Sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 6 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 4 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Make the strawberry sauce first. In a small saucepan combine the strawberries, sugar, and water. Stir to combine until the sugar is melted and the strawberries start releasing their juices.
- Bring to boil and then lower the heat to medium-low to simmer. The strawberries will get very soft and will release all of their liquid. Remove from the heat and keep covered.
- Grease a muffin pan. Line it with muffin liners and grease them as well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating on low for three minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs one by one. Add the vanilla extract and the almond extract. Continue beating until everything is incorporated and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the milk. Beat until the batter is smooth.
- Scoop two tablespoons of batter and fill the muffin liners up to the middle. With the back of the spoon make a small “nest” into the batter right in the middle. Add the strawberry sauce in there. Be careful not to spill it to the sides. Close the sauce in the muffin by scooping two more tablespoons of batter and pouring it on top. The liner should be almost filled all the way.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until done. To check the doneness, insert a toothpick in the middle of the cupcake. If it comes out clean you can take them out. Let them cool off before adding the frosting.
- To make the frosting, prepare a standup mixer with the paddle attachment on.
- Add the butter and whip until smooth fluffy. With the mixer on medium-low gradually add the powdered sugar and continue beating until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and the heavy whip cream one tablespoon at a time until you reach a creamy consistency.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag and swirl on top of the cupcakes.
Make these Gluten-Free
Notes: For Gluten-Free cupcakes use the blend below instead of the all-purpose flour. Mix the ingredients before you add them to the mix.
- 1 ⅓ Cup Chickpea Flour
- ¾ Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Potato Starch
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum