Gingerbread Fluted Tube Cake
by Elisa Pecorari
*Credits to Sloane Papa for creating this amazing Gingerbread Cake Recipe and Photography made with our Fluted Tube Pan.
When you need something simple, yet elegant to bake for any occasion, make this gingerbread fluted cake! With a whopping 380g(!!!) of unsulphured molasses, this cake is beautifully dense & moist with deep treacle flavor. Serve the cake with a generous dusting of powdered sugar and a cup of your favorite hot choccy, coffee, tea, or go-to drink during the cold season!
- 400g (3 1/3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 240g (1 cup + 1 tbsp) whole milk (lukewarm)
- 80g (1/3 cup) whole milk plain greek yogurt (lukewarm)
- 162g (2/3 cup + 1 tbsp) unsalted butter (room temp)
- 140g (1/2 cup + 3 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 120g (1/2 cup + 1 tbsp) dark brown sugar
- 380g (1 cup + 1 tbsp) unsulphured molasses
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Grease a 10-cup fluted tube pan by brushing 1 tablespoon of melted butter all over with a pastry brush, then coat with granulated sugar.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large measuring cup or medium bowl, whisk together the milk and yogurt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and dark brown sugar for 2-3 minutes.
- While the mixer is on low speed, slowly drizzle in the molasses.
- Once all of the molasses is added, scrape down the bowl and beat on medium speed until everything is fully combined.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs one at a time, allowing each to fully incorporate before adding the next.
- In about 3 additions, alternate adding the dry and milk-yogurt ingredients until everything is fully combined. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl frequently.
- Pour batter into the prepared Fluted Tube Pan and bake for about 45-50 mins.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then immediately use a knife to gently loosen the sides and flip the cake out onto a cooling rack.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before dusting it with powdered sugar.