No Bake Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake
by Pecorari Elisa
Indulge in the delightful flavors of a No-Bake Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake. This easy-to-make dessert combines the creaminess of cheesecake with the irresistible crunch of strawberry-infused goodness. With no need for baking, this recipe is perfect for those warm summer days when you crave a refreshing treat without turning on the oven.
Strawberry Crunch Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries, finely ground into a powder
- 9 vanilla sandwich cookies
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (approximately 15 whole crackers)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 10 tablespoons melted butter
No-Bake Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature (preferably full fat)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature (preferably full fat)
- 3 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 3/4 cup of crushed freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
Tip: To create a powder, finely grind 1/4 cup of freeze-dried strawberries. For the vanilla bean paste, use 2 teaspoons. The remaining freeze-dried strawberries can be crushed and used in the recipe.
To make the Strawberry Crunch:
- Place freeze-dried strawberries (refer to the note) and vanilla sandwich cookies in the food processor bowl. Pulse until you get coarse crumbs.
- Gradually pour melted butter while continuing to pulse until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a sealed container and store it in the refrigerator until needed. You can make the strawberry crunch topping ahead of time and keep it refrigerated for up to a week.
To prepare the Crust:
- Grease a 9" springform pan (refer to the note) and set it aside.
- Place graham crackers and sugar in the food processor bowl. Process until they are finely ground.
- Add melted butter and pulse until the mixture is well-coated with butter.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and about 1-2 inches up the sides of the prepared pan.
- Chill the crust while you prepare the filling.
To make the delicious cheesecake:
- Start by combining the cream cheese and sugar in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer. Begin mixing on low speed, gradually increasing to medium until the mixture turns smooth and creamy. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is well incorporated.
- Add the sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla bean paste to the mixture. Mix everything together until it blends uniformly.
- Transfer half of the filling to a separate bowl and set it aside. This portion will become the vanilla bean layer of the cheesecake.
- Now, introduce the freeze-dried strawberry powder to the remaining mixture in the mixer bowl. Blend it in thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream together with the powdered sugar until it thickens and forms peaks.
- Divide the whipped cream equally, adding half to the bowl of vanilla cheesecake filling and the other half to the bowl of strawberry cheesecake filling. Gently fold the whipped cream into each mixture, being careful not to deflate it.
- Retrieve the prepared crust from the refrigerator. Spoon the strawberry filling into the crust, using an offset spatula to create a smooth top. Repeat the process with the vanilla filling, layering it on top of the strawberry filling.
- Lastly, cover the cheesecake with a suitable lid or wrap it securely with plastic wrap. Transfer the cheesecake to the refrigerator, and allow it to set for up to 6-8 hours to achieve the desired texture and flavors. For optimal results, you may choose to extend the refrigeration time to 12 hours or more, as this will enhance the overall taste and consistency of the cheesecake. Once finished, ready to serve, and enjoy!