Peaches & Cream Cupcakes
by Elisa Pecorari
Summer is in full swing and that means one thing: peaches are in season! These juicy, sweet fruits are perfect for snacking on by the pool or adding to a summer dessert. If you're looking for a delicious way to enjoy fresh peaches, try this recipe for Peaches & Cream Cupcakes. With a fluffy peach cupcake and creamy vanilla frosting, these cupcakes are sure to be a hit at your next party!
(SERVINGS 16 servings PREP TIME 20 mins COOK TIME 20 mins TOTAL TIME 40 min)
- Baker’s Secret Reusable Piping Bag and Tips
- Mixing bowls
- 2-1 Scraper and Spatula 10”
- Muffin Pan
- 3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter room temperature
- 1 1/3 Cups Sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Peach Preserves
- 6 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups Cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a muffin pan. Line it with muffin liners and grease them as well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating on low for three minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs one by one. Add the vanilla extract and peach preserves. Continue beating until everything is incorporated and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the milk. Beat until the batter is smooth.
- Scoop 3-4 tablespoons front the batter and fill the muffin liners almost all the way.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until done. To check the doneness, insert a toothpick in the middle of the cupcake. If it comes out clean you can take them out. Let them cool off before adding the frosting.
- To make the frosting prepare a standup mixer with the paddle attachment on it.
- Add the cream cheese and whip until smooth fluffy. With the mixer on medium-low gradually add the powdered sugar and continue beating until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and heavy whip cream one tablespoon at a time until you reach a creamy consistency.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag and swirl on top of the cupcakes.
Make This Gluten-Free
Notes: For Gluten-Free cupcakes use the blend below instead of the all-purpose flour. Mix the ingredients before you add them to the mix.
- 1 ⅓ Cup Chickpea Flour
- ¾ Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Potato Starch
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum