Raspberry Chocolate Mousse
by Elisa Pecorari
Are you ready for some raspberry chocolate mousse? This recipe is simple to follow and results in a decadent dessert that will impress your friends and family. Trust me, they'll never guess how easy it was to make! So here we've created a recipe worth trying this festive season!
(SERVINGS6 servings PREP TIME20 mins COOK TIME40 mins CHILLING 1 hr TOTAL TIME 2 hrs)
- Mixing bowls
- Sauce pan
- 3 Eggs separated
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp Butter cubed
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Fresh Raspberries for garnish
- In a saucepan, heat the heavy whip cream but don't let it boil.
- In the meantime, combine the egg yolk and the sugar. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Slowly add the cream and return to the saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the chocolate and stir until well incorporated. Transfer to a clean bowl and let it cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream to stiff peaks form. Fold it into the chocolate mix.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners. Scoop a large spoon of mousse into the liners.
- Place in the freezer for at least an hour. Top with fresh raspberries and whipped cream before serving.
Make this plant-based:
For vegan raspberry chocolate mousse, skip the eggs and make sure to use vegan butter and chocolate.