Simple Banana Bread
by Charlotte Jane Davis
Banana bread is a classic dessert that can be enjoyed at any time of year. This simple banana bread recipe is easy to follow, and results in a moist, delicious loaf. Whether you're looking for a quick and easy snack or a sweet treat to share with friends and family, this banana bread is sure to hit the spot!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 slightly overripe bananas, mashed
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9"x5" inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition.
- Stir in vanilla and banana. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend the banana mixture into the flour mixture; stir just to combine.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.