by Charlotte Jane Davis
Our plum pie recipe is certainly one of the easiest, yet best pie recipes you've made to date. With just a few simple steps, you can enjoy this delicious dessert with family and friends. Whether you are baking it for the National Pie Day, a potluck or as a special weekend treat, this recipe is guaranteed to spark joy.
2 unbaked pie crusts (store-bought or homemade)
2 lbs plums
½ cup sugar
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten and transfer one pie crust onto the bottom of a round pan
- Wash plums but do not peel.
- Cut plums in half and remove the pit. The, cut into quarters
- Arrange plum slices on the pie crust. Or just pour on top.
- Mix together the dry ingredients, then sprinkle over the plums.
- Dot with the butter over the fillings.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten and transfer the other pie crust over the plums
- Trim crust edges with enough to turn under to connect to the bottom, then crimp crust edge.
- Cut about 6 1" slits on the top crust or alternatively, use a braided pie crust
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 degrees for 25 minutes longer or until plums are tender.
- Allow to cool. Serve warm or cold.
Time required: 50 minutes
Products needed: Round pan, rolling pin,