Maple Pecan Cookies
by Elisa Pecorari
Cookies. A must-have in every household during the upcoming festivities. From classic chocolate chip to peppermint and more, there's a recipe for everyone. This week's recipe: Maple Pecan Cookies. For more exciting cookie recipes, make sure to check out our recipe page!
Here's what you'll need to make Maple Pecan Cookies:
(PREP TIME: 20 mins COOK TIME: 20 mins TOTAL TIME: 40 mins)
- Baker's Secret Essentials Cookie Sheet
- Stand-up Mixer
- Mixing bowls
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp Salt (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the butter until fluffy and creamy. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Continue mixing it until well incorporated. Scrape down the bowl and add the eggs one by one. Add the maple syrup, then add the vanilla extract, flour, and salt. Continue mixing until everything is well incorporated.
- Fold in the pecans to combine with the dough.
- Scoop the cookie dough and form a ball. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze overnight or refrigerate for at least 1 hour before baking.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
Make it Gluten-Free:
Notes: For Gluten-Free cookies use the blend below instead of the all-purpose flour. Mix the ingredients before you add them to the mix.
- 1 ⅓ Cup Chickpea Flour
- ¾ Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Potato Starch
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum
Make it Dairy Free:
For Dairy-Free cookies use bananas instead of eggs and vegan butter. Skip the mini buttercups since they contain milk chocolate or make sure they are vegan.