by Elisa Pecorari
There are some foods that are comfort classics for a reason. Garlic knots are one of those foods. They're warm, inviting, and perfect for just about any occasion. Plus, they're really easy to make! If you're looking for a delicious and simple recipe to WOW your guests, then you need to try these garlic knots.
Here's what you'll what need:
(PREP TIME 20 mins COOK TIME 1 hr RISING TIME 1 hr TOTAL TIME 2 hrs 20 mins)
- Standup mixer
- Mixing bowls
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 2 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 2 1/2 Cups Bread Flour
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Stick Butter room temperature
- 2 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup Parsley minced
- Zest of one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- To activate the yeast combine the water, yeast, honey, and one tablespoon of the bread flour. Stir to combine and set aside in a warm spot in your kitchen.
- Meanwhile, stir together the flour and salt. Once the yeast is blooming add to the flour along with the olive oil and knit on medium until the dough is formed.
- Grease a large bowl with olive oil and place the dough in there. Cover with a plastic wrap and keep in a warm spot for about 2 hours or until it doubles its size.
- Grease a muffin tin and set it aside. Punch the dough in the middle and roll out on a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough into small balls. Roll the balls into a long coil and tie in a knot.
- Place the knots into each muffin cup and cover. Place somewhere warm again until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Bake the knits for about 20-30 minutes. To check their doneness insert a toothpick in the middle. The mini bread is done when the toothpick comes out clean. Transfer the knots to a cooling rack.
- In a small mixing bowl stir the butter, parsley, garlic, and lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper. Brush the baked knots on top while cooling.
Make This Gluten-Free
Notes: For Gluten-Free garlic knots use gluten free bread flour from the store or blend the ingredients below instead of all-purpose flour in the main recipe.
- 1 ⅓ Cup Oat Flour
- ¾ Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Potato Starch
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum